21 Mar Transparent Call Center Security and Compliance
Security and compliance are front and center at Centrinex. To get an idea of the measures we have in place to protect our customers’ data, simply walk through our call center’s front door. No, wait. You can’t—not without a badge. And you’ll need to be buzzed in first. As a guest, you’ll also need a Centrinex “chaperone” to go past our main lobby. We won’t ask you for your first-born or a blood sample, but we will insist that you sign in…and out when you leave. We won’t follow you into the restroom stall, but our staff keeps an eye out. In the call center industry, there is no such thing as too careful.
Our call center management and staff operate under another set of rules and processes that meet the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) requirements. PCI is stringent and mandates that all companies processing, storing or transmitting credit card information maintain a secure environment. That applies to us.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) mission is to, “make markets for consumer financial products and services work for Americans — whether they are applying for a mortgage, choosing among credit cards, or using any number of other consumer financial products,” according to its website.
The CFPB dictates that it’s incumbent on the lender to be compliant, and that includes its vendors like call centers. In other words, if your call center is not compliant, neither are you. Centrinex is one of the most locked down and zipped up, so to speak, call centers in the U.S. Our processes and systems meet all PCI guidelines and ensure that our clients are compliant with the CFPB.
Here are just a few examples in place to safeguard and manage secure data, which follow PCI guidelines.
- Our call center customer service representatives (CSR) don’t use printers.
- There are no garbage cans located anywhere on the call center floor. Instead, any paper documents are tossed into locked, secure shredding bins, which are emptied by a certified shredding company each week.
- Our computer systems and network are configured to not allow any uploading to or downloading from the servers, which are housed internally, on-site in locked, secure, climate controlled rooms.
- Our CSRs and other staff cannot access Centrinex network or systems from outside the building.
- All call center calls are recorded so any suspected issue or breach risk can be thoroughly researched.
These are just the tip of the iceberg. Company security and protecting private, confidential data in compliance with local, state and federal regulations are not taken lightly here. We fully understand the importance of protecting your company’s portfolio and highly sensitive customer information against internal and external threats. Not only because it’s mandated by PCI, but because we see it as our duty and responsibility.